[APCPress] Invitation: Join the APC and the Chris Nicol FOSS Prize winners online tonight

Karen Higgs khiggs at apc.org
Wed Nov 7 14:03:43 GMT 2007

Dear APCNews reader

Today at 18h00 Brazilian time a small ceremony will be held in Rio de
Janeiro, where APC is currently having a council meeting. During the
ceremony, the APC Chris Nicol FOSS Prize will be 'formally' awarded.

We have prepared an online video streaming of the ceremony and we will
be streaming it as an ogg stream at:

  http://stream.okno.be:8000/prizeceremony.ogg

The prize winners are NepaLinux of Nepal and Free Geek of the USA.
http://www.apc.org/english/chrisnicol/

The ceremony will be modest but you are *most warmly* welcome to join us
at least virtually.

Disclaimers :-)...
The connectivity at our venue is unstable, so although everything was
tested we might experience problems with video stream right at the time
of the ceremony (as it usually happens in similar cases). Please, be
prepared that this might happen.

We hope that at least some of you will be able to be with us in rainy
Rio tomorrow at 6 pm.

Best regards

Karel Novotny
Raphael Houlmann