[WSIS CS-Plenary] Re: [Pwd] (unicode) [WSIS-CT] RE: [Ct-drafting] URGENT: Please send COMMENTS on CS declaration

Monthian Buntan mbuntan at tab.or.th
Sun Dec 7 01:41:20 GMT 2003

Dear Hiroshi:

Thank you for your kind imput.  However, I have some great concern over the
word mental and physical disabilities.  Under many circumstances, the word
"physical disabilities" may not include sensory impairment at all.  At
least in thailand, the term "physical disabilities" refer only to persons
with mobility impairment.  Therefore, I would prefer "persons with
disabilities" as it speaks for the broadest range of "disabilities"
regardless of types and severity.

Please seriously take it into consideration or otherwise we may end up
exlcuding many people out of different understanding and interpretation.

Again, I confirm that "persons with disabilities" is absolutely broader
than "persons with physical and mental disabilities."

Best regards,

Thian