[WSIS CS-Plenary] Re: WSIS? We Seize! (was: Agenda item for Wednesday morning Plenary mtg))

arne arne at my-mail.ch
Mon Dec 8 20:48:55 GMT 2003

>  more info available during the
> anti-WSIS meeting at L'Usine in Central Geneva (see: www.geneva03.org)
> with
> which the demo is connected...

Just for clarification: the demo is not connected to the "WSIS? We
Seize!" series of events in downtown Geneva (although many participants
may individually decide go to the demo).
Nor would "WSIS? We Seize" necessarily define itself as "anti-WSIS
meeting"... probably rather a critical and contentious alternative
event... (it's even included in the official WSIS programme)...

WSIS? We Seize! will begin tomorrow, Tuesday, at 10 am with a 2-day
conference, including sessions on intellectual property, infowar,
inside vs outside WSIS, etc. You can find the programme on
http://geneva03.net/moin.cgi/StrategicConference

Alongside the conference, a Polimedia Lab will be set up, as a space,
for skill-sharing, workshops, experiments, projections, presentations,
networking, and generally hanging out and meeting people. The workshop
programme is here: http://geneva03.net/moin.cgi/PolyMediaLab

 From Polimedia Lab, a three-day video-stream focusing on worldwide
experiences around the information society will be netcasted: High Noon
(http://geneva03.net/moin.cgi/HighNoon).

The locations for both the conference and Polimedia Lab will be in the
Geneva city centre, just south of the river. Bus Nr 5 (which leaves
from Palexpo) stops nearby.

Regards,
Arne