[WSIS CS-Plenary] [WSIS THETHA] WSIS Coverage on the Development Gateway

Gender and Development gender at dgfoundation.org
Mon Dec 8 21:41:18 GMT 2003

Dear Participants and Members of Gender Caucus,

We would like to bring to your attention a new feature on the World Summit
on the Information Society on the Development Gateway. This is a
cross-topical coverage of the WSIS, and it provides resources from 16
Development Gateway topic pages, demonstrating that ICT has become a basic
tool for economic development.
http://www.developmentgateway.com/node/130685/special/wsis/

The Development Gateway is an interactive site for information on
sustainable development and poverty reduction, and a space for communities
to share experiences on development efforts. It is a project that has been
initiated by the World Bank in 2000, and is currently supported by the
Development Gateway Foundation.

The Gender and Development portal is one of the 35 thematic sub-portals. It
is envisioned as an Internet platform for gender and development-related
resources, information, and dialogue. The Gender portal on the Development
Gateway is currently featuring the Gender Caucus at the World Summit on the
Information Society, its objectives, planned events and meetings at.
http://www.developmentgateway.org/gender

Also, we would like to welcome your participation on our page. Please, visit
us to share your ideas about the Summit and the related events, add your
articles, information about your organization, events, news and network with
other members through our Member Directory.

Please, do not hesitate to contact us for any questions or suggestions.

With best regards,

Sona Panajyan

Managing Editor

Gender on the Development Gateway.