[WSIS CS-Plenary] roundtable 3

John Fung john.fung at hkcss.org.hk
Fri Dec 12 09:50:25 GMT 2003

dear all,

i would like to report that Dr CK Law from the hk council of social service quoted the CS declaration in his speech yesterday at roundtable 3 - ICT as tool to achieve millenium development goals, when he made his intervention on intellectual property. he also gave his view on how internet charges were at an unreasonably high rate in developing countries, compared to developed countries.

prof Kleinwachter from Aarhus University took it further to explain that the CS declaration was intended to be an engaging, instead of antagonistic, document to the official declaration.

i trust all these would become annex to the formal proceedings of WSIS.

i am wondering how the CS declaration was mentioned in other roundtables.

00000

hello prof kleinwachter, i was sitting behind you but did not have a chance to say hello. greetings from a hong konger.

00000

john fung
HK Council of Social Service