[WSIS CS-Plenary] CONGRATULATIONS/FELICITATIONS

Olivier Nana Nzépa anais_ac at yahoo.fr
Sat Dec 13 08:27:14 GMT 2003

 Dear ALL
I avail myself this stop at Paris Airport to extend my
congratulations to all of you, who have maid it
possible to achieve what we did in Geneva. This goes
as well to those who managed to make it to Geneva as
those who worked behind the scene.
The African civil society has been successfull in
puting our agenda on the World civil Society
Declaration. Thanks to the help of African Diaspora,
we made the issue of social Development one of the
priorities.
I wish to all a safe journey back. In order to make
that the Geneva Summit not stay as the others
encounters, with a lot of speaches and no result, we
have to organize ourselves to act like watchdogs to
make sure in two years, we have concrete realizations
to present in Tunis. For that purpose, we felt the
need to set up a coordinating mechanism, which could
reach all the good wills dedicated to help rooting
ICTs in Africa.
The ones present in Geneva met on the 11th to kick
start the process. A working group, some countries and
regional representative volunteer to help design:
The kind of structure we might put in place; its
mission, and the criteria to be elected as country of
regional focal points. Nnenna and Diana have volunteer
to send to all of you the proposals already on the
table. It's up to you to enrish, or propose otherwise.
We have one month to complete this exercise.Beginning
Feb. we should start with what we have at hands at
that moment, in order to proactively lunch our action
plan for the year to come.
P.S Sorry for mispellings,etc. I will send the french
version while back home. They call for boarding.
Best
Olivier