[WSIS CS-Plenary] FW: salles pour l'intersession/meeting rooms during the inter session

Rik Panganiban rikp at bluewin.ch
Mon Jul 7 08:58:38 BST 2003

Dear Friends,

It's clear that the CS secretariat and the UNESCO organizers at this
point do not seem to have anticipated the needs of the NGOs who will be
attending the intersessional. (I assume the private sector will have
the same problems we do, BTW.) This is a disaster for the reporting I
was planning on doing from Paris to our networks.

I think we need to think of other on-site alternatives. We need a Plan
C.

Plan C: Our own Hub. Is anyone coming who might be able to bring a
wireless or traditional hub that other people could plug into with
their laptops?  We might at least be able to get a few connections
going on-site and time-share access.  I know the Youth Caucus had an
Airport hub at the last prepcom.

Plan D: "sneaker-net". I.e. have volunteers shuttle back and forth
between the conference site and an internet point with floppies and
send and receive documents that way.  In know, this is very 1992.

It's sad that we have to even think about this, but c'est la vie.

Regards,

Rik Panganiban
WFM