[WSIS CS-Plenary] Proposal: Speaking slots

YJ Park yjpark at myepark.com
Thu Jul 10 18:05:46 BST 2003

Dear Karen,

> as we will have few opportunities for interventions, i am wondering if we
> can coordinate and agree on a combined intervention, or should we go for
> two slots?

First of all, let us figure out how many opportunities for CS interventions
at Paris meeting and then prioritize the issues of CS.

1st intervention is recommended to address a request to change CS status
from "observer" to "equal partner" who doesn't need this kind of permission
for speaking slots.

This kind of request is to be delivered to the other stakeholders especially,
to the governments, on the daily basis.

2nd, CS internal priority issue lists

Due to lack of opportunity, some CS groups may be asked to squeeze
some issues. i.e. Internet Governance and Information Security, then we
should work together to come up with more effective messages to the
WSIS participants.

> and, if so, who would be prepared to work on the intervention with me..

Under the condition that we may not have an independent opportunity
to share some messages regarding Internet Governance and Infosec,
I will be happy to work on this with you and others.

I can be available from Monday at UNESCO.

YJ