[WSIS CS-Plenary] RE: Response to Jean-Pierre Pinet on document

Sally Burch - ALAI sburch at alainet.org
Fri Jul 11 15:38:02 BST 2003

The changes proposed are OK, I think, except that with this one
we would need to integrate the two ideas rather than replace the
first text with the second.  Otherwise it loses the original objective
of the text as explained in my previous message.

Sally

On 11 Jul 03, at 14:16, Jean-Pierre Pinet wrote:

>We propose to change

> >"Development cooperation in the area of sustainable development should
> reaffirm the principle of solidarity between richer and poorer areas of
> the
> world."

> Sustainable democratic development should include the poorest (in the
> North
> and the South) in the development process and take account of their
> knowledge to eradicate poverty"

Sally Burch - Directora Ejecutiva
Agencia Latinomericana de Informacion -
INTERNET: sburch at alainet.org
Direccion:  Casilla 17-12-877, Quito-Ecuador
Telefono: (593 2) 250 5074 / 222 1570  / 252 8716
Fax: (593 2) 250 5073    URL:  http://alainet.org