[WSIS CS-Plenary] Fw: [WSIS-CT] Re: Round tables question

Raoul Weiler raoul.weiler at skynet.be
Sun Nov 9 21:09:05 GMT 2003

Dear all,

I got a manifold of e-mails about this topic, so I feel to add mine!

If the CS society is looking for some NGO and person as described by
Mereym, than I suggest the following candidate:

1.The Club of Rome is certainly prestigious and still known by many.
The CoR has produced a Statement to the WSIS, disseminated through
electronic channels.

2. I would address the general assembly, as a member of the Executive
Committee of the COR, in name of the CS. At least  I have been
present at all Prepcoms except the first one.

3. At the WSIS the CoR will also participate at other parallel events
during the Summit, it has its own time slot and within the UNESCO
program. So the CoR will have some visibility during the Summit.

4. For the sake of transparency, I suggest to prepare a text with
other volunteers of the CS. It would be not a text 'of' the CoR but
one of the CS,  in part or integrally depending who helps.
The name of the CoR is used to have a better audience.

Do not hesitate to fire this proposal if it is not suitable. This
contribution
would only be one of several, if I understood the all procedure.

Cordially,

Raoul Weiler