[WSIS CS-Plenary] Re: Yet another suggestion :for symbolic speakers

fortinp at club-internet.fr fortinp at club-internet.fr
Tue Nov 11 09:37:02 GMT 2003

Hi all,

--------

>De: Meigs <meigs at wanadoo.fr>

>I did think of the child but it seems to me that we still need to pass on a
>well developed message, as written collaboratively by civil society. And it
>has to be delivered in 5 minutes.

This idea of a speech written collaboratively would be a big challenge for "civil society" given it's diversity and it may lead to a weak statement. Nevertheless, I believe it's not the worst the solution.

As for the children, On a moral point of view, I don't like this idea at all of (ab-)using some children to read a text written by other adults. I dislike it in big sport events ( like olympic games and so on) because it has become mainly business. I dislike perhaps even mor this idea of (ab-)using children to deliver what is to be STRONG POLITICAL MESSAGE.

After all, why not ask to Bill McIver and Sally Burch AS COORDINATOR of C&T group. Given there strong commitment in the work of WSIS CS plenary, I believe they deadly deserve it !

PF.