[WSIS CS-Plenary] draft WSIS CS press statement for feedback

Adam Jantunen adam at takingitglobal.org
Fri Nov 14 13:58:04 GMT 2003

Specific changes to the latest CS Statement:

3. Yet SOME countries have demanded sweeping changes...

Last paragraph of II - replace with "The whole process has shown that,
because of major political divisions, governments have not been able to
create a common vision for the information society."

2nd paragraph of III: replace with "Because some governments fear the power
of new technologies to threaten their interests, the political will does not
exist to agree on a common vision."  I think the "5 minutes" line goes way
too far and doesn't reflect political realities.

Go with the first paragraph on "north/south divide."

Adam Jantunen