[WSIS CS-Plenary] Request for Report on Decisions around CS Fellowships

RunningToddler amkt at apcwomen.org
Mon Nov 17 16:34:32 GMT 2003

Hello Claire,

I understand that decisions have already been taken on the fellowships to WSIS in December. Did we not agree that the CSB members would be apprised of the final results on nominations first? I do understand that time is incredibly short now, but it also means that those who did not successfully get funded, now have very little time to seek alternative funding elsewhere. Wasn't there at least an allocation of 40% for developing countries and countries in transition? Surely, 40% out of available funds would fund quite a number of the relatively smaller number of applications (than expected) which we received. I've also noticed that Beatriz who is also a CSB focal point is not being funded. I've also noted that a number of key role players in CS have been unsuccessful. Who then among the CS and CSB members are being funded?

We would certainly need a breakdown of fellowships granted, not just by country, but exactly to whom and which family/caucus. A short clarification on how the CSD came to its final decision would also be very useful. May I suggest that you also send this information out to CS Plenary and Content and Themes?

Thanks very much for your work. I'm sure it's getting quite stressful at this time.

Warm regards,

Angela