[WSIS-CT] Re: [WSIS CS-Plenary] Geneva based Press

Steve Buckley steve at commedia.org.uk
Tue Nov 18 22:25:41 GMT 2003

Jean-Louis and all

As far as I have now been able to ascertain, the words calling for
privatisation  were provided in an individual capacity by Rony Koven for
the benchmarks document. They don't reflect the position of the media
caucus or the community media group. Certainly this is not a civil society
non-negotiable.

But lets not throw out the baby with the bathwater. The benchmarks
documents reflects some very good work and intensive effort. It would make
some people too happy to drop it because of some small (though significant)
inconsistencies.

There is a discussion on this in the media caucus. For now I think it is
fair to assume the media paragraph in the benchmarks has large square brackets.

Best wishes

Steve

            steve at commedia.org.uk