[WSIS CS-Plenary] Caucus on Cultural Diversity

Lucie Bernier web at globalcn.org
Tue Nov 25 16:53:47 GMT 2003

ORIGINAL MESSAGE FROM ALAIN AMBROSI, ambrosia at web.ca WHO IS NOT SUBSCRIBED TO THE PLENARY LIST

Alain Ambrosi

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Alain Ambrosi
Envoyé : 19 novembre, 2003 16:42
À : 'Cobase'
Cc : 'Deer Kenneth'; 'de Coulon, Graziella AI'; 'CONGO'; 'Chokaszian Garegin'; 'Chavez Laura V.'; 'CCIG'; 'Cayuqueo Nilo'; 'Busaniche Beatriz'; 'Brown Kukdookaa Terri'; 'Barri M.D. Ali Mohammad Abdalrahman'; 'Bahsoun Riad'; 'ACISJF'; 'ARIS'; 'culture-admin at wsis-cs.org'; Dave_Pearson (E-mail); Karen Banks (E-mail)
Objet : RE: Cultural Diversity Coucus

Dear Stefano,

I am afraid I don't quite understand your problem. The "cultural diversity caucus" we are talking about is the one which has been established during the WSIS process in order to provide content to the Content and theme Civil Society plenary at the WSIS. We always used this name within the framework of the WSIS and this caucus is listed as one of many caucuses on the official website. Moreover, there is no indication that the WSIS caucuses will continue to exist after the Geneva Summit.
We never pretended to usurp a name and, as far as I know, there is no copyright on this name anyway. I am myself part of oher caucuses on cultural diversity as for example the one in the Agence internationale de la Francophonie.  We respect the work that you are doing and you had the opportunity to participate an have an input at one of our causus meeting at Prepcom3 last september in Geneva.
We hope that the Cultural Diversity Caucus you represent will continue to have an input both within and without the WSIS process and  I am sure that each of the representatives of the WSIS caucus will be pleased to support your initiatives.

All the best

Alain Ambrosi