[WSIS CS-Plenary] Re: EU/Pan-European/North-American Caucuses

Meryem Marzouki marzouki at ras.eu.org
Sat Oct 4 09:54:13 BST 2003

Hi Georg and all,

I'm answering on both plenary and Europe lists, since there have been
separate discussions on the same issue. I hardly understand your
conception of "majority" on a possible decision on that. Different
positions have been expressed on both lists, and I'm surprised that you
seem to consider only one position, which is the one you seem to share.

I'm also surprised with this sudden willing to organize new grouping,
when the process is near to its end.
Specially when the purpose of this grouping is quite fuzzy.

Arguments has been provided for other options on Europe list, and they
haven't been answered or discussed at all.
Thank you for providing us with more elaborated arguments on your
position, so that they can be discussed.

As for now, I only see the willing of providing some seats (which we
don't know exactly at which table they will be put...) for some
persons. This is not the way many people (I wouldn't dare to say "a
majority") understand the starting of a sound and democratic process.

Best regards,
Meryem