[WSIS CS-Plenary] Minimising use of these lists

R.Correia at ru.ac.za R.Correia at ru.ac.za
Fri Oct 10 06:26:16 BST 2003

Dear All

We are all very busy people with work priorities. It is thus essential that we
use lists to communicate on WSIS issues for serious dialogue. It is frustrating
to open an email with a subject line that you feel is important to you, only to
find that it is "where do i subscribe" or a short reply from Joe Soap to John
Smith, saying "Yes, I fully support that". It is plainly meaningless and a
waste of resources.

Can we:

1. Have the list such that it accpets postings only from subscribed members
2. Subscription mechanisms and information on the use of the lists be put up on
the web. Any queries to the list by non-members would receive a reply
containing this information
3. where it is a direct reply to another person without any bearing to the rest
of subscribers, we write to that person individually?

Best regards,

Rui Correia