[WSIS CS-Plenary] breaking news-Mrs.Ebadi

Tracey Naughton t.naughton at iafrica.com
Thu Oct 16 11:01:35 BST 2003

Amir

Thanks so much for the reports on the atmosphere surrounding the Nobel Prize
awarded to Mrs Ebadi. We can feel your excitement at the recognition. As a
woman I feel it doubly.

I personally hea
rd the news in Beijing enroute to Ulaan Bataar, Mongolia where I am working
with a nascent information network. The BBC reporter quotes Mrs Ebadi as
saying the most important issue for human rights is freedom of expression.

I would love a sense from you of the emphasis Mrs Ebadi has on this area,
which would needless to say feed so well into the WSIS Civil Society agenda.

Regards

Tracey

--
Tracey Naughton
WSIS Partnership Manager (Southern Africa)

Phone/fax:    +27 (011) 880 5030
cell:               +27 (0) 82 821 1771
Email:              t.naughton at iafrica.com