[WSIS CS-Plenary] RT Speakers

wolfgang at imv.au.dk wolfgang at imv.au.dk
Fri Oct 17 11:52:56 BST 2003

dear friends,

has anybody already an information about the subjects of the six or so roundtables? My understanding is, that in each Round Table, which will be high level RT with heads of States and CEOs of corporations, there will be two speakers from civil society.

My proposal for a procedure is that we
1. signal to the WSIS Secretariat, that CS Plenary / CS C&T will via the CS Bureau as soon as posisble that we will make officially concrete proposals (to avoid that the WSIS Secretariat or somebody else invites speakers from elsewhere) and
2. start to manage a list with proposed speakers for the Round Tables so that we can find a way to have high level and balanced geographical, constituency, gender etc. representation.

After the nomination of "CS Speakers/Panelists" we shoud encoruage the panelists to communicate with the relevant Caucus / C&T group to make sure, that basic points, developed over the preperatory process, should be adequately made public in the panel discussion.

Best regards

wolfgang