[WSIS CS-Plenary] Re: Report-back to the bureau on Samassekou's non-paper

Liliane Ursache liliane.ursache at ties.itu.int
Thu Oct 30 10:26:29 GMT 2003

Dear Sally,

Unfortunately, due to time constraints, Samassekou's paper was not
translated into other languages.   Governments were also  forced to work
on the English version...  The revised paper will be translated in 6
languages.

Regarding the time-frame for comments, please note that the informal
consultation meetings were originally aimed at reaching common ground
between governments.  Mr. Samassekou agreed, however, to share this
information with civil society -- a development which was not envisaged
from the start.  The CSD has circulated the information within hours
after Mr. Samassekou's decision.

We look forward to receiving the compiled comments before 6PM.

Thanks to everybody for the hard work!

best wishes,

Liliane