[WSIS CS-Plenary] FW: NGO Briefing on the Secretary-General's High Level Panel on U N-Civil Society Relations, 17 September 2003 (CICG)

Frank Joergensen, Rikke rfj at humanrights.dk
Wed Sep 10 16:58:40 BST 2003

FYI, best Rikke
*****************

Subject: NGO Briefing on the Secretary-General's High Level Panel on UN-Civil Society Relations, 17 September 2003

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

As you are probably aware, earlier this year UN Secretary-General Kofi Annan established a High Level Panel of Eminent Persons to review, and make recommendations on, the UN's relations with Civil Society. The Panel is expected to produce a report by March of 2004.

I am pleased to announce that Mr. John Clark, the Director of the High Level Panel Secretariat, is coming to Geneva to provide a briefing for NGOs. The meeting will be held on Wednesday 17 September from 3pm to 5pm in Room 3 of the Geneva International Conference Centre (CICG), 15 Rue Varembe, Geneva. Following a presentation on the work and aims of the Panel, Mr. Clark will answer questions from the floor.

I do hope you, or someone from your organisation can be with us for this important event.

With best regards,

Tony Hill

Tony Hill
Coordinator
UN/Non-Governmental Liaison Service (NGLS)
Palais des Nations
CH-1211 Geneva 10
Tel: (+41) 022 917 2005
Fax: (+41) 022 917 0432