[WSIS CS-Plenary] WSIS PrepComIII Translation

karen banks karenb at gn.apc.org
Fri Sep 12 14:02:28 BST 2003

hi everyone

apologies for cross-posts:

We have set up a mailing list to help coordinate on and offsite translation
for prepcom III.

The list currently has 15 volunteer translators with language skills for
translation from english to french, spanish, portuguese (and possibly
russian but i need to check)

The priority for the team will be to support the work of the Civil Society
COntent and themes group, and other caucus/working group needs as possible.
I have suggested the following as a guide to the group:

The main focus of this list will be to facilitate coordination of
translation needs for _written materials_ and _verbal interventions_. This
*could* include translation of:

>- Civil Society Content and themes priorities documents
>- Statements that will be **read** in plenary by Civil Society representatives
>- Replacement paragraphs (written) for the WSIS Declaration and Action Plan
>- other Civil Society caucus and working group statements
>- important informational and news items

If you have expressed interest in volunteering for translation and have not
received a subscription confirmation message from the list, let me know by
email: karenb at apcwomen.org

Or, if you haven't expressed interest to date, but are interested - let me
know by email also.

looking forward to seeing many of you in geneva and working with those of
you remotely who can't be in geneva

karen