[WSIS CS-Plenary] Re: [WSIS-CT] On openness of working groups (WG on internet governance)

Wolfgang Kleinwächter wolfgang at imv.au.dk
Wed Sep 17 16:58:09 BST 2003

Thanks Bertrand

good that you took the floor. Jeanette who was probably also there, but
she is not allowed to take the floor as an official member of the
German delegation. Feel free in the spirit of the discussion we had on
the list and in the absence of the two co-chairs of the caucus to make
your voice heard. Your statements were exactly what had to be said at
this very moment.

The proposal for "innovative and creative interaction on the working
level" is good as far as I can see it. We should be very careful and
using the opportunities in a very responsible way. We are entering new
territory which is slippery and can fire back if we go too fast. And
Sammassekou is on our side, but under big pressure. So is Linda.

To sit in the room and to answer only if somebody from the government
asks an observer for clarification is not so bad. With this exclusive
knowledge from the internal intergovernmental negotiations we can try
to discuss discretely with friendly governmental delegations to take
the points of view of civil society into account. This makes more sense
than to bring big words to the WG.

Half a step forward is more than two step forward and three backwards
:-(

Best wishes and keep going with short detailed reporting.

Wolfgang