[WSIS CS-Plenary] Action Plan input Section C7

Chris Nicol cnicol at pangea.org
Tue Sep 23 19:19:37 BST 2003

Hi,

In this phase of the process, Civil Society is to give input to the
government Action Plan drafting groups. We are not going to repeat the
previous Action Plan phase, with input on all topics, but rather provide
proposals for actions on the priority areas that we outlined in the
document presented to the Intergovernmental Bureau today.

In Section C7. "ICT Applications", the two relevant priority areas are
"free software" and "literacy, education and research".

So if anyone has language on proposals they want to include in these two
areas, they should send this to me and I will collate it, on behalf of
the Content and Themes Working Group. They should also indicate to Adam
<adam at takingitglobal.org> if they can speak to present our proposals in
a speaking slot.

Chris