[WSIS CS-Plenary] URGENT query and updated list

karen banks karenb at gn.apc.org
Sun Sep 28 13:27:51 BST 2003

hi all

>Can I have all the contact names and e-mail addresses of the main
>lead/contact point for each caucus? Is this information on a website
>somewhere? This information is needed in relation to the fellowships for
>the Summit. I think the CS Plenary was apprised of this on Friday, 26th
>September?

I've updated the list of CS caucuses and working groups, prompted by
angela's message and posted it here:
http://www.wsis-cs.org/caucuses.html

we should take this opportunity to make sure the contact information for
focal points is correct. I have pulled together the info from what i have,
but i know there are gaps and am sure there are errors.

**  Could everyone take a look at the list and let me know by email at
karenb at apcwomen.org of any corrections  - please, please -  don't post to
the lists ;) **

Angela - when do you need this info by?

notes/questions below

karen
=====

(1) once we have clarified all of the focal points, i wonder if it would be
useful to set up a list for all focal points to make communication about
issues (such as the one angela raises) easier? - it could be:

ct-focalpoints at wsis-cs.org (for example)

(2) The CS Bureau list: there are **two**, one - bureau at wsis-cs.org and one
managed by the Civil Society Division. COuld we have clarification of which
list will be used, whether the archives are public, and who a contact point
could be.

(3) Regions:
- i have no list/website info for western asia or arab countries
- are there any other regions with active caucuses missing?

(4) thematic caucuses and working groups

- cultural and linguistic diversity - is there no working group on this? -
i have no info

- education and academia - the list is edulac - is this a LAC regional list
only? and if so, is there a global education an academia list/website?

- environment and ICTs: i have no list info (only website)

- indigenous peoples - alain ambrosi noted an additional focal point but i
can't find the message, and, i have no info on lists/website

- [internet] governance - i don't know who the focal point is and could we
have clarification on the name of the working group?

- media caucus - i have no info for list/website

- patents, copyright and trademarks - i have no list info

- persons with disabilities - i have no list info

- scientific information - i have no list info

- working group on volunteers - no list info

- cities and local authorities - no list/web info

- trade unions - no contact point/list/web info

(5) i'm sure there are other groups missing  - please let me know..

(6) if you need a list.. we can set them up @wsis-cs.org - please email me..