[WSIS CS-Plenary] RE: URGENT query and updated list

karen banks karenb at gn.apc.org
Mon Sep 29 17:28:25 BST 2003

hello again

thanks to those of you who sent updated info so quickly. We need to
finalise this list of focal points and clarification of caucus and working
group names by Sep 31st.

http://www.wsis-cs.org/caucuses.html

here's an update on where we are:

(1) The CS Bureau list: there are **two**, one - bureau at wsis-cs.org and one
managed by the Civil Society Division. COuld we have clarification of which
list will be used, whether the archives are public, and who a contact point
could be.

[note: we can probably delegate working this out to someone else, could
someone on the burea8u get some clarification on use of lists?,
where/whether we can visit archives etc]

(2) Regions:
- i have no list/website info for western asia or arab countries
- are there any other regions with active caucuses missing?

(4) thematic caucuses and working groups

- education and academia - the list is edulac - is this a LAC regional list
only? and if so, is there a global education an academia list/website?

- indigenous peoples - no information
- persons with disabilities - i have no list info
- scientific information - i have no list info
- working group on volunteers - no list info
- cities and local authorities - no list/web info

(5) i'm sure there are other groups missing  - please let me know..

(6) if you need a list.. we can set them up @wsis-cs.org - please email me..

karen