[WSIS CS-Plenary] Phase II - Comments - ideas for discussion..

veni markovski veni at veni.com
Sat Apr 10 21:39:58 BST 2004

>(e) Funding - gone...?

Robert, if we can't organize some, the CS will not be able to participate
in Tunis.

>Another topic that i'm amazed isn't being discussed here is the one of
>funding. I mean, we have no funding, the CS secretariat is no longer, and
>there is no coordinated efforts (yet) underway to facilitate and
>coordinate CS participation.

Not only that, there is already funding for participation of governmental
representatives from the least developed countries (sic!), but none for the
CS from the same countries!!?

>Do people care? Even though we all in a way compete for funding, would it
>not make sense - to try to collaborate to find the funding, the
>resources  and partners so that CS can participate in the upcoming PrepCom
>and variety of regional and thematic meetings being planned in the months
>ahead.

Yes, it does. I believe that the requests for funding should be going from
the CS Plenary / CS Secretariat and use the same formulae like the PrepComs
in Geneva/Paris/Bucharest.

veni