[WSIS CS-Plenary] Re: [WSIS-CS-Plenary] Internet governance and spam

Milton Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Sun Aug 1 15:05:46 BST 2004

It is true and important that spam is an issue that
involves "content regulation" or "freedom of expression"
problems, it is not just a security/nuisance issue.
Your post helps to increase awareness of that fact.

--MM

>>> webmaster at nilebasin.com 08/01/04 08:43AM >>>
The 3 domain names owned
by us are now considered as 'spam' sites at least by Hotmail and Yahoo
rendering delivery of our newsletters and even contacts with our
members difficult or even impossible. As most of our target group is in
the Nile Basin, they rely heavily on free e-mail accounts offered by
Yahoo and
Hotmail. Of course the problem also extends beyond that to even
inclusion on 'spam filters' available from different sources.