[WSIS CS-Plenary] UK Govt: Hold us to account on African poverty

Jonathan Cave j.a.k.cave at warwick.ac.uk
Wed Dec 8 15:43:17 GMT 2004

I'm no great fan of New Labour, nor do I endorse all that HM Treasury does,
but I think this is a bit unfair to Gordon Brown. It may be substantially
true of the G8 (and also of the EU's trade policy). But Brown's personal
involvement is probably the main reason why the HIPC programme continues at
all - however flawed it may be) and is foursquare behind the activities of
DFID in Africa.

J.