[WSIS CS-Plenary] DDN tutorials on blogging, RSS feeds, Creative Commons, online communities

Andy Carvin acarvin at edc.org
Thu Dec 16 16:51:48 GMT 2004

Hi everyone,

For those of you who are experimenting with our new Digital Divide
Network website -- or would like to check it out for the first time --
I've written a series of tutorials on some of the exciting things you
can do with the website.

How to Create a DDN Blog:
http://www.digitaldivide.net/articles/view.php?ArticleID=69

Ever wanted to create your own blog? You can try out our free,
noncommercial, easy-to-use blogging tool.

How to Create Your Own DDN Community:
http://www.digitaldivide.net/articles/view.php?ArticleID=72

DDN users can create their own online communities, featuring bulletin
boards, document sharing, news and events listings, blog entries and RSS
feeds.

What's RSS and Why Should I Care About it?
http://www.digitaldivide.net/articles/view.php?ArticleID=68

RSS, or Really Simple Syndication, is a way of having new content from
websites, blogs and newsletters come directly to you. If you're a
blogger or a online publisher, RSS feeds make it a lot easier for your
readers to keep up-to-date.

A Quick and Easy Guide to Creative Commons Licenses:
http://www.digitaldivide.net/articles/view.php?ArticleID=70

DDN incorporates Creative Commons licenses, a powerful tool for
assigning personalized copyright rules for your content.

--------------

All of the tools described in these tutorials are available to DDN
members, and membership is free. To create a DDN account, please visit here:

http://www.digitaldivide.net/members/add.php

thanks,
ac

--