OpenOffice -- Re: AW: [WSIS CS-Plenary] tunis meeting

Monthian Buntan mbuntan at anet.net.th
Sat Feb 21 03:18:50 GMT 2004

Dear Bill:

Unfortunately, it's pretty much inaccessible to me.  Where ever I move my
cursor, my JAWS keeps silent.  Probably I have to find some way to write a
script for it.

Regards,

Thian

At 04:38 AM 2/21/2004, Bill McIver wrote:

>It *is* viewable by all -- for free.
>
>It is your opportunity to begin using free software.
>
>Just download the software from OpenOffice.org .
>It's easy and free.
>

>WJM
>
>Amali De Silva wrote:
>
>>Can you please re-send this chart as a *_word document_* ( attachment )
>>so that all of us can have the opportunity to view it ?
>>
>>Thanks, Amali
>>
>>*/Adam Peake <ajp at glocom.ac.jp>/* wrote:
>>
>>     >
>>     > >
>>     >> > It would be helpful to write a self-explaining one-pager (with
>>     >>an Organizational Chart) for distribution in Tunis.
>>     >>
>>     >> Attached is a first draft of an organisational chart I began a
>>     while
>>     >> ago. It's in Open Office drawing format. If anyone can convince
>>     me that
>>     >> they can't download Open Office (or get a CD) and install it to
>>     read the
>>     >> file (in Windows or in Linux), (and in the process start using free
>>     >> software), I'll see what I can do about making an image file of
>>     it or
>>     >> sending them a CD with the Open Office installation on it.
>>     >> http://www.openoffice.org
>>     > >

>>     Fun downloading a 170Mb file (open office.) I should have done it
>>     long ago. All the same, a bit of hassle for one diagram. Could you
>>     put it on the web?
>>
>>     On ly comment I can think to add is that civil society organizations
>>     participating in prepcoms and summit(s) need to be accredited, so
>>     that's another filter (and indicates a path for how individuals
>>     can/cannot contribute.) It is a helpful and good diagram.
>>
>>     Been suggested that we conduct an evaluation. Before getting too far
>>     down the path of deciding new ways of working, perhaps some review of
>>     what worked/did not work for the first phase should be done? Nick
>>     has done work preparing for this.
>>
>>     Thanks,
>>
>>     Adam
>>

>>     > > Regards,
>>     >>
>>     >> Chris
>>     >>
>>     >>
>>     >>
>>     >>
>>     >>
>>     >> > Best
>>     >> >
>>     >> > wolfgang
>>     >> >
>>     >> >
>>     >> > -- Original Nachricht--
>>     >> > Von: Rikke Frank Joergensen
>>     >> > An: plenary at wsis-cs.org
>>     >> > Senden: 11:12 AM
>>     >> > Betreff: [WSIS CS-Ple nary] tunis meeting
>>     >> >
>>     >> >
>>     >> >
>>     >> >
>>     >> >
> [...]

"I've given up on giving up."
Monthian Buntan
Executive Director, Thai Blind People's Foundation (TBPF)
First-vice President, Thailand Association of the Blind (TAB)
First-vice President, Thailand Service Cooperative of the Blind
Member of the Executive Committee, World Blind Union (WBU)
Member of the Advisory Committee on Disability to the Prime Minister of
Thailand
Founder and Secretary, Thailand National Committee on DAISY Production and
Services (TNCD)

Tel: +66-2-246-2287
Fax: +66-2-246-2278
Mobile: +66-1-870-0783