AW: [WSIS CS-Plenary] Re: [governance] Internet governance : roles of plenary and governance lists

Vittorio Bertola vb at bertola.eu.org
Wed Jan 21 10:04:03 GMT 2004

wolfgang at imv.au.dk ha scritto:
> Thanks Adam & Jeanette,
>
> this is good step forward.
>
> What do you think about a Caucus Website?

Actually, I was tasked with preparing it in Geneva, and I have started
working. I stopped when the discussion on our name & domain name went
nowhere, but if we can accept to live with the name Adam registered on his
own (gov-net.org), I think I can come up with an initial site by the next
weekend. At least, I hope so.

> I think the letter to Kofi Annan´s office is as urgent as a letter to Utsumi. It should be short letters. Could you write a first draft?

Support. I think our new coordinators should manage the agenda and get
deliverables done :)

> Concerning the letter to Utsumi, we should take note in this letter (and welcome), that some Caucus members has been invited by him in their personal capacity as experts and than propose three other names. As far as I know Milton and Betrand has been invited officially.

I got an "early notice of an invitation" yesterday evening. (So I don't
need a "ticket" from the caucus, I think.)

An interesting note is that the invitation says that invited experts are
supposed to express their preference on whether they would like "to
either introduce their contributions, make presentations and/or
participate in panel discussions". I think we should coordinate ourselves
so that CS people don't end up all in the panels or all making
presentations... The agenda is not clear yet, but, if we can, I think we
should try to get a CS person in every relevant panel (assuming that the
organizers will agree, of course...)
--
.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo vb.
Vittorio Bertola - vb [a] bertola.eu.org