AW: [WSIS CS-Plenary] Re: [governance] Internet governance :roles of plenary and governance lists

William Drake wdrake at ictsd.ch
Sat Jan 24 13:10:53 GMT 2004

Hi Jean-Louis,

Perhaps it would be helpful by way of background to pass along a message sent yesterday to the governance list.
Bottom line, it's an ITU meeting, not a WSIS meeting, subject to ITU procedures.  I've inquired about whether some invites can be allocated for CS 'stakeholder representation,' which is not the model they're following in relation to non-members.  We'll see what happens.  Of course, it would be good to know when asking for this if in fact there are people who would actually be prepared to attend, given that there's no budget for travel support....?

Best,

Bill