[WSIS CS-Plenary] List of NGO reps in Hammamet and question of govt. relation

Paul Maassen p.maassen at hivos.nl
Mon Jun 7 15:32:30 BST 2004

Hi all,

The Dutch delegation had one CS member during the last
prepcoms and the first summit itself, the representative being me
on behalf of Hivos (NGO working with 850 partners in devloping
countries on issues such as human rights, aids, economics and
ICT4D). The Dutch delegation also had a youth representative
during the summit.

The same delegation met last april to discuss phase 2. There is a
quite open flow of information both ways. Hivos, together with
Oneworld Netherlands and IICD led a consultation of Dutch civil
society and presented recommendations to the Dutch government
for the first WSIS.

Hivos will not participate in the upcoming prepcom, but intends to
participate along the process, also again as a member of the
official Dutch delegation. The costs for this participation are paid for
by Hivos, not by the ministery.

Kind regards,

paul