[WSIS CS-Plenary] telecenter / Public access points working group/multi-stakeholder caucus

Laurent Straskraba laurent at straskraba.net
Wed Jun 23 18:40:55 BST 2004

If virtual co-operation is possible, I'd also like to be part of this group.

Laurent

work: http://www.icts.sbg.ac.at

---
Mag. Laurent Straskraba
Information Society Researcher / Information Society Representative at UN
Youth & Student Association of Austria

post: Ontlstrasse 3, A - 4040 Linz, Austria / Europe
mobile: +43.650.7711861 (GMT +1)
e-mail: laurent at straskraba.net
web: http://www.straskraba.net
---

At 19:16 23.06.2004, you wrote:
>Dear all,
>
>A sub-theme in the WSIS Action Plan  identified in the list
>of summit themes is "Public access points in places
>accessible to the public".
>
>Civil society is involved in setting up most of these access
>points, often in cooperation with other actors : some
>governments (like France or Canada), Intergovernmental
>organizations (like Unesco, Francophonie and others I may
>not know about) and private sector entities (hardware
>manufacturers, software developers, both proprietary and
>open source).
>
>If Civil Society takes the initiative of a dedicated group
>on Public Access Points, it would very easily form the core
>of a more multi-constituency interest group, inviting other
>interested actors to discuss such issues and co-organize a
>WSIS Thematic Meeting on that issue.
>
>I, for one, would be very glad to join such a CS working
>group on Public Access Points and would be happy to help it
>use the functionalities of wsis-online.
>
>Best
>
>Bertrand

[...]