[WSIS CS-Plenary] German news coverage of prepcom human rights debate

Ralf Bendrath bendrath at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Sat Jun 26 13:51:39 BST 2004

Andy Carvin wrote:

> I was just looked at my blog's web stats and was wondering what was causing
> a spike in the hit count; I discovered that a German news website has an
> article about the human rights challenges we faced here at the Prepcom.
> They link to my blog and the video footage I filmed; Ralf and Jeanette get
> mentioned as well.
>
> http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/48623
>
> Would one of our German speakers be willing to summarize in English,
> Francais, etc?

Heise News is the major ICT news ticker in Germany. The reporter here
has worked with us very well during the first phase. She called one of
the Tunisian Human Rights activists yesterday evening after I had
established the contact, and Jeanette and I also gave her some
information and soundbytes.
The article is mainly a summary of what Andy
(http://edwebproject.org/andy/blog) and I
(http://www.worldsummit2003.org) have been reporting on the last two
days.

Ralf