[WSIS CS-Plenary] Dinner in NY, Friday 3/26 6:30pm

Frannie Wellings wellings at epic.org
Wed Mar 24 15:17:56 GMT 2004

Hi all-
Sorry to bug everyone who will not be in New York, but I don't want
to leave anyone out. Karen Banks and other talented restaurant
hunters have found a venue for our Friday night dinner.  We'll meet
at the Millennium at 6:30 and then head over to the 'via della pace'
which is located at 48 East 7th Street.  We'll have our own bar/food
staff and a buffet style menu at $20/person.  This includes about 3-4
medium sized courses, tax and tips; drinks would be additional.
Apparently, they have music and a nice atmosphere.
The restaurant just needs to know how many people they'll need to seat.
So... please just send me a quick note to say whether or not you'll
be joining us.
Thanks so much, Frannie

Again, the location info:
'via della pace'
48 East 7th Street (7th Street and 2nd Avenue)

For anyone going straight to the restaurant:
Here's the link to the local map:
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&countryid=250&addtohistory=&address=48+East+7th+Street&city=new+york&state=ny&zipcode=&submit=Get+Map

The subway stop closest to Via Della Pace is Astor Place on the #6
train (walk east after you get out of the station [i.e. away from
Broadway] along St. Mark's Place to 2nd Ave., then turn right and
walk south to East 7th Street, cross 2nd Ave and the restaurant will
be on your right). The closest stop on the #6 train in the UN area is
Grand Central Terminal on 42nd Street. Note that there is a detailed
neighborhood map in every subway station near the token booth.

Frannie Wellings
Policy Fellow, Electronic Privacy Information Center
Coordinator, The Public Voice
1718 Connecticut Ave. N.W., Suite 200
Washington, D.C.  20009   USA
wellings at epic.org
+1 202 483 1140 extension 107 (telephone)
+1 202 483 1248 (fax)
http://www.epic.org
http://www.thepublicvoice.org