[WSIS CS-Plenary] Considerations after the UN ICT TF global forum

wolfgang at imv.au.dk wolfgang at imv.au.dk
Sat Mar 27 16:40:09 GMT 2004

Thanks Vittorio for your reflections,

I share most of your observations and fears. But as I said during the evening dinner, I see this growing confusion and repetition as a chance: If nobody really acts and everybody is waiting that something is happening, we should become "early birds" in this "limbo" and continue with our own work.

This could inlcude
1. production of a series of papers on several issues, which has raised also in the forum
2. organizing own events where we invite other stakeholders and linking the preperations and results of these events to the online forum managed by Bertrand, and also to the new secretariat under Kummer in Geneva
3. preparing concrete proposals (recommendations for actions or elements for draft treaties etc.) for discussion
4. writing another letter to Mr. Kummer where we
a. congratulate him (on behalf of the Caucus) for his nomination
b. renew our offer to help and to make constructive contributions with expertise, knowledge and grass root activities
c. making a concrete proposal for the composition of the WG (I proposed the 6:6:6 plus 3:3 = 24 scheme in the online forum), which could include also six/twelve names from CS (3/6 North / 3/6 South).

I offer also the two events I will organize in the months ahead (Meissen/Germany, June 4 - 6, 2004 on WSIS and Aarhus/Denmark, September 17- 18, 2004 on Internet Governance) for additional F2F meetings of the Caucus.

Best regards (from the Cybercrime Conference at Yale University)

wolfgang