[WSIS CS-Plenary] Tunisia forming a civil society bureau...?

Robert Guerra rguerra at privaterra.org
Fri Mar 26 20:32:20 GMT 2004

>From rik's report below, there's mention of Tunisia forming a civil
society bureau - anyone have more details?

if true, how did this happen? is it just for tunisian civil society or
all of us? inquiring minds want to know..

regards

Robert

Global Forum Breakout Session Reports, 26 March
<http://wsis-online.net/csnews/news/item?item_id=366030>

A representative of Tunisia spoke on the Tunis Phase.  She outlined how
Tunis was preparing for the Summit.  She reported that they had formed a
national commission representing various ministries, a civil society
bureau, and a private sector group. There will also be a logistical
committee.  At the end of June there will be in Tunis the first
Prepcom.  A priority for implementing the Plan of Action is who will
implement what? And how do we get information on all actors activities?
Implementation will extend beyond Tunis to 2015.  An important outcome
of Tunis will be concrete initiatives to bridge the digital divide,
including partnerships for digital solidarity and sustainable
development.  We will be organizing work based on developing a
definition of internet governance,  identifying public policy issues and
the respective roles of different actors.