[WSIS CS-Plenary] Re: WSIS stocktaking, TF on Financing consultations

Rik Panganiban rikp at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 13 05:01:56 GMT 2004

Dear Colleagues,

In follow-up to my previous message, a database of "stocktaking
activities" is now available on the WSIS website at :

	http://www.itu.int/wsis/stocktaking/scripts/search.asp?lang=en

You will note the very, very long listing of government and IGO
activities, and very small number of civil society activities.  I think
it is in our interest to make sure that the diversity and plethora of
civil society WSIS implementation activities taking place is reflected
in this database.  Please submit your NGO's activities to the WSIS
secretariat at:

	http://www.itu.int/wsis/stocktaking/scripts/q.asp

So for those of you doing great things in the field, please make sure
that the WSIS process reflects this!  And please pass the word on to
your colleagues doing projects that are implementing the goals of the
WSIS in e-education, empowerment of marginalized populations,
multilingual support, etc.

Regards,

Rik Panganiban

email: rik.panganiban at ngocongo.org
mobile: (+1) 917-710-5524

** Please note CONGO's new mailing address: CP 50, 1211 Genéve 20,
Switzerland.  Our physical office address is 11, Avenue De La Paix, 1st
Floor, 1202 Genéve, Switzerland. **