[WSIS CS-Plenary] Draft Statement on Internet Governance in Arabic

carlos a. afonso ca at rits.org.br
Mon Oct 4 14:25:47 BST 2004

I guess we should be more flexible here. There is a third option (and
maybe others :)), which is to go for a reasonably sized group and to
maintain online colaboration mechanisms which include all nominees from
the different cauci, so that a regular dialogue is established between
the "core" group and the rest of the nominees' list.

Thus all nominated reps would be allowed to provide their input and
critiques, while a "core" group would try and meet in face-to-face
meetings (besides being involved in the online colaborative work with
the rest of the group), and be as open as possible regarding reaching of
a wide consensus.

As to the "reasonably sized" group, let us also take into account that
most of the nominees do not have guaranteed funds to be present in the
face-to-face meetings, and some will even have difficulty in paying for
international phone conferencing.

--c.a.
Carlos A. Afonso
Rits