[WSIS CS-Plenary] I N V I T A T I O N: WSIS CS Meeting Berlin, Nov. 18th

Dr. Christoph Bruch bruch at humanistische-union.de
Sat Oct 30 14:45:29 BST 2004

I N V I T A T I O N

Civil Society Meeting on day ahead of UN ICT Task Force Meeting in
Berlin

We welcome everybody who is interested to discuss the current WSIS
agenda, civil society self organizing structures, and civil society
strategies.

Participation is free of charge.

Please send a note to <bruch at humanistische-union.de> if you plan to
attend and have not told us so far.

WSIS Civil society meets on November 18, 2004 in Berlin

Location:
Cityhotel am Gendarmenmarkt
Leipziger Straße 65
10117 Berlin-Mitte
Phone.: 030/2 06 34-0
Fax: 030/2 06 34 199
Email: info at cityhotel-am-gendarmenmarkt.de
http://www.cityhotel-am-gendarmenmarkt.de/
Subway Line U2 and U6, Station: Stadtmitte (City Centre)

Program

9:00-13:00: Civil Society Workshop on Structures and Strategies for
Civil
Society Participation in UN Processes
Speakers
Wolfgang Kleinwächter: CS in global governance processes / The
Cardoso-Report and beyond (confirmed)
Jeanette Hofmann: Lessons Learned from the WGIG (inquired)
Viola Krebs, CS Bureau: State of play in CS structures (confirmed)
Renata Bloem: What’s next? How to improve CS participation (confirmed)
Moderation: Karen Banks (confirmed)

13:00-14:00: Lunch Break

14:30-19:00: Civil Society Workshop on Financing for ICTs
Speakers
Briefing on TFFM from UNDP (inquired)
Rainer Kuhlen (confirmed)
Christopher Marsden (confirmed)
Roberto Bissio (inquired)
Willie Currie (inquired)

14:30-19:00: Civil Society Workshop on Internet Governance (planned)
No information available yet.

Meeting place

We will have an informal meeting / hanging out space during all days
with
internet connectivity in the downtown area, with lots of bars, galleries
and
other hip locations around. The space will be provided by our friends
from
the LinuxTrendStore "newthinking".
Address: Tucholskystraße 48
Subway  U6 “Oranienburger Tor”
S-Bahn S1 “Oranienburger Straße”

Updates

Updated information on the UN ICT Task Force meeting and especially the
civil society meetings and events around it will be made available at
<http://www.worldsummit2005.org> as things evolve.

Dr. Christoph Bruch    Humanistische Union
Neue Christstr. 6      Greifswalder Str. 4
14059 Berlin           10405 Berlin
Tel: (030) 32103282    Tel: (030) 20450256
                       Fax: (030) 20450257