[WSIS CS-Plenary] Re: Draft YC Input to WGIG Sept Consultation

Bertrand de LA CHAPELLE lachapelle at openwsis.org
Sat Sep 11 22:21:20 BST 2004

Hi Robert,

Just wanted to congratulate you for this very good and
detailed contribution that is very much in phase with the
comments elaborated within the CS IG caucus.

No specific modifications worthy enough to bother you at
that late stage.

But I wanted to explicitely express support for two points :

- >19 Selection of the WGIG members must be made transparent
and based on core
>competencies, with criteria for selection widely consulted
and reasons for
>selection made public.
- >20 Aside from having closed-door meetings, the WGIG must
ensure it utilizes
>open consultations, both online and physical, to harness
the knowledge and
>expertise of a wider range of interested parties. Taking
into account cost
>considerations, the WGIG must work to organize regional,
sub-regional,
>thematic and sectoral meetings and consultations. The WGIG
Secretariat
>should enter into partnerships with relevant groups in
organizing these
>meetings.

I hope to see members of the Youth Caucus attending the Sept
20-21 meeting.

If some of them are already in Geneva on the evening of the
19th, they are welcome to join members of the CS Internet
Governance Caucus who will meet for drink / diner at the
café Les Brasseurs (place Cornavin) at 7:30 pm.

Best

Bertrand