[WSIS CS-Plenary] Thinking about "intellectual property"isa mistake

Milton Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Tue Sep 14 15:35:30 BST 2004

>>> Richard Stallman <rms at gnu.org> 09/14/04 10:08AM >>>
>If you agree that they should be analyzed separately, how about
>joining me in helping the WGIG to avoid lumping them together?

Sure. But, based on my experience with WIPO, ICANN and WTO/TRIPS
over the past 7 years I do not think "liumping" is much of a danger.
The
more immediate issue is whether they will be discussed at all, and if
so
whether considerations of free expression, fair use and cultural
diversity will be given equal billing with the concerns of IPR
holders.

--MM