[WSIS CS-Plenary] Thinking about "intellectual property"is a mistake

Richard Stallman rms at gnu.org
Tue Sep 14 15:08:28 BST 2004

    p.s. Take a look at my research on Internet & trademark
    before you make any assertions about how I don't
    analyze the specific effects of particular forms of IPR.

My knowledge of you and your views is limited to what you have said
here, and my comments refer only to that.  If elsewhere you have
recognized that trademark law is a separate issue from copyrights and
patents, in this discussion you argued that all three are "variations
on a theme".  That would tend to lead other people to take mental
shortcuts and not treat them entirely separately.

If you agree that they should be analyzed separately, how about
joining me in helping the WGIG to avoid lumping them together?