[WSIS CS-Plenary] Re: [not] Thinking about "intellectual property" is....[not thinking]

avri at acm.org avri at acm.org
Tue Sep 21 13:41:30 BST 2004

On 17 sep 2004, at 05.37, Richard Stallman wrote:

> If we find that the WGIG is inclined to criticize existing copyright
> and patent rules, strongly enough that they would take a shot at
> TRIPES, by all means let's encourage them to do it.  However, if they
> are not inclined to do this, they may as well say nothing about those
> areas.

What I am trying to argue is: Until the WGIG is constituted and sets
about on its tasks, it will be difficult to know what positions it will
be willing to take.

I assume the WGIG will be doing analysis and recommendations for
solving problems, and it seems possible to me that it could take any
number of positions, hopefully 'correct' ones and even some strong
ones.

a.