[WSIS CS-Plenary] recent nominations

Jeanette Hofmann jeanette at wz-berlin.de
Wed Sep 29 10:24:24 BST 2004

Hi, everybody,

we have received quite a few new nominations before the deadline last
night. Most of these nominations contain only names but no further
information about the candidates. I am afraid names don't provide enough
of a basis for evaluating these candidates.

I've included in this mail again the description of the nomination
process as proposed by Adam Peake in early Semptember. While the
deadline for nominations has passed it is still possible to send in more
details regarding the candidates.

best regards, jeanette

Please follow the format described below and send to this address:

<igov at tla.crepundia.net>

We will collate all nominations.

Please also send to the civil society plenary list if you wish, but
suggest you strip any personal contact information before doing so.

The format below only asks for information about the caucus or working
group submitting the nomination(s), we should also have something about
any individual making a nomination: who you are, your relationship with
the nominee (typical conflict of interest issues.) This will not be
necessary for a self-nomination :-)

Format for submitting nomination(s)

In making your caucuses/working groups recommendation, we request that
you submit the following information, which will be passed on to Mr.
Kummer, with the names of the candidates. Individual members of the CS
plenary may also submit nominations. Individuals should also submit
their nominations based on the criteria explained below.

- Reliable contact information for the candidate; i.e. email, telephone,
fax and postal address.

- A statement indicating the qualities that the person would bring to
the WGIG.  While no particular content is being required, it is
recommended that this section include a discussion of the concerns
mentioned above and a discussion of the experience and perspective the
candidate would bring to the WGIG discussions.

- A statement of the person's governance related affiliations.  That is
information such as: which sector does the person belong to (government,
industry or civil society), what caucuses/working groups do they
participate in, employer, national background, and language skills.

- An indication from the candidate that they understand the work load
they are volunteering for and that they are available during the
expected period of deliberations.

- A short statement about your caucus/working group. Include information
about the group's background and history, membership (numbers), and
achievements or other information you think relevant. Please give a URL
for a website if you have one.

It is recommended that these statements be no more then two pages in
length. Candidate information will be collated and published on the
Internet <http://www.too-much.tv/internet_governance/> (with candidates
personal contact information removed.)

END