[WSIS CS-Plenary] About the Internet governance caucus

Ralf Bendrath bendrath at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Tue Apr 12 13:20:55 BST 2005

MJ Ray schrieb:

> A CS actor who wants to get involved with IG caucus may visit
> the web site http://www.wsis-cs.org/ and follow the link marked
> "Civil Society Caucuses and Working groups and how to get
> involved." This leads to a page of mailing list links
And with the caucus coordinators mentioned, including their email
addresses. It is no problem to just drop them a mail and ask how to best
get involved. This is true for every caucus.

 > Following the link for "More info on this list"
> brings a normal mailman listinfo page, which only links to
> the archives.
And gives you info on how to subscribe.

> Using generic
> search engines, I found the web site at http://www.net-gov.org/
I am really sorry. This website had been up for quite a while, it had just
not been listed on www.wsis-cs.org. I have just updated that page,
including links to some other caucuses' public list archives etc.

> Looking at random other caucuses, most have more description of
> their actions, but are often out-of-date or have very little
> advice about how they (wish to) act.
This is probably due to the fact that most of us do this as volunteers and
in our spare time. I am myself coordinating a caucus (privacy & security),
and we don't even have a website yet. No bad intentions, just lack of time
and ressources. But everybody who wants to get involved can contact me and
Karen (the other coordinator) or joint the mailing list and is more than
welcome and nwill get all needed information.

I hope this gives a bit better understanding of why things are sometimes
less than perfect.

Best, Ralf