[WSIS CS-Plenary] Collaboration software debate

Jean-Louis FULLSACK jlfullsack at wanadoo.fr
Thu Apr 14 08:21:46 BST 2005

Federico wrote :
"the fascination with cool
new toys may be causing some fellow caucus members lose sight of how bad
an idea it is to move part of the debate to a realm in which people
without broadband and fat machines cannot participate"

You are right and your comment would be perfect if you add : "high level skills in both hw and sw hadling and mastering"
We are lots of people who are just able to send e-mails and write documents with our "machine". But I stress that we have a lot of ideas and of commitment to share !
Isn't that the originanlity and the role of CS in the WSIS ?
I'd just remind to everybody that CS didn't have such sophisticated tools during phase 1 of the WSIS and hawever it happened to be present, active ant reactive. Far more than in the presnt phase!
Jean-Louis Fullsack
CSDPTT-France