[WSIS CS-Plenary] (no subject)

Jean-Louis FULLSACK jlfullsack at wanadoo.fr
Mon Apr 18 20:42:25 BST 2005

 Exerpt from Rik's message concerning the "Global Alliance Meeting" in NY
"Dennis Gillolli, UN ICT Task Force, reminded participants that the
Alliance proposal should be seen as part of the overall UN reform
process.  Innovative processes have come out of the Dot-Force, the UN
ICT Task Force and the WSIS.  This was just carrying forward the
momentum.  Mozambique is good example of multi-stakeholder partnerships
that generate funds, and foster democratic governance.  The Alliance
can help bridge the
rift between development community and ICT community."

Dear all
First, my best wishes to Rik ; I hope he's quite well now.
Many thanks for his report on the "Global Alliance" Meeting : at least CS is informed about what it could be involved in.
I ironically noted that Dennis Gilhooly, who was a convinced activist of telecom sector deregulation and a promoter of the neoliberal ideology that caused the "telecom/dot.com bubble" in 2000 as a leading editorialist in Communications Week International, is now "recycled" in "Global Alliance" and promotes "innovative processes" and UN reform. One other reason for me to keep cool and critical to this "innovation !
Jean-louis Fullsack
CSDPTT-France